PR Account Manager Tech/Cybersecurity
Our Client is an award winning tech PR agency specialising in Cybersecurity, Blockchain and AI.
To cope with their growth, they are looking for an Account Manager with PR experience in cybersecurity and the ability to be responsible for your clients on a daily basis. You will be instrumental in the success of your clients’ PR programmes, with support from account directors or the company directors and be the primary day to day contact for the client, ensuring that client work is completed in relevant timescales. You will need to think strategically whilst being creative and be quick thinking and responsive when dealing with client’s crisis.
- Understand the deliverables for each of your clients, KPIs and the project plan, and keep on top of what is being delivered, including:
- Ensure relevant features are pitched in a timely fashion
- Managing the process of article creation and placement
- Securing interviews
- Managing rapid responses and securing coverage
- Take ownership of reporting and ensure that client reports are produced, with input from account director and account executive, in a timely fashion.
- Produce weekly or internal reports as required.
- Use your initiative to identify any possible problems or concerns on any client and flag internally before the client raises a problem.
- Help the directors prepare and deliver PR plans.
- Manage client expectations about workloads and anticipated results.
- Establish strong working relationships with your clients and feel confident making recommendations
- Understand your clients business and where they fit into their industry
- Understand what your client expects / hopes from the PR programme and what they count as true success (understanding it might not just be coverage quantity)
- Deliver projects and campaigns against briefs
- Keep your director updated about how each client is doing each month
- Work with other team members to understand how workload is shared and different responsibilities
- Coordinate international PR activity as appropriate
- Always stay focused on the quality of all work for all your clients, including written materials
- Have the ability to effectively communicate each client’s key messages, whether it is though press releases, case studies and articles or feature pitches
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the press
- Ensure you are up to speed with social media trends and tools, to be able to make recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Through regular reading of our key press, both in the UK and overseas, stay up to date with what is going on in the IT security industry at large and identify trends or discussions your clients should be getting involved in
- Be able to identify what is and isn’t news and be able to communicate that angle in a press release, pitch or over the phone confidently and quickly
- Ensure clear and regular lines of communication with your Account Director, and proactively keep him/her informed of work in progress, sharing / generating ideas, giving your own views and perspective on what to do next etc.
Benefits: Healthcare, dental care, performance related bonuses, flexible working after probation period
The agency have a great family style culture and do not believe in hierarchy- they want everyone to be involved and offer ideas. Their staff are well rewarded for their efforts and this shows as you step foot in the office.
Working here offers the chance to challenge yourself without boundaries. It is fast paced, exciting and culturally a fantastic place to work.