Are you ready for the next career challenge? Are you creative and strategic? Our Client is an award winning tech PR agency specialising in Cybersecurity, Blockchain and AI.
Our client is a fast paced, award winning agency specialising in cybersecurity, blockchain and AI.
They are looking for an Account Director with proven experience in cybersecurity to work in this challenging, vibrant agency and be an instrumental part of their future growth,
As an Account Director, you are responsible for the success of your clients’ PR programmes, with support from the company directors. You will be a true consultant to clients, making recommendations and challenging decisions if necessary. You will see beyond the day-to-day PR activity of the client to understand their long term marketing strategy and how PR fits in to that. You understand the budgets for each of your clients and are always looking for opportunities to expand the work they do. You will work with more junior members of staff to pass on skills and grow their expertise and confidence. You will also engage in new business activity.
- Regularly reviewing deliverables and results for all your clients to ensure programmes are running successfully.
- Manage international PR activity as appropriate and ensure strategy is appropriate for different countries and audiences.
- Develop new business including writing proposals and pitching to prospective clients.
- Sell in additional services or countries where applicable.
- Use your initiative to plan in advance, keep one step ahead of the client, to more readily identify potential client issues and concerns and act before they become a problem.
- Preparing PR plans and ensuring that, where possible, they are met in a timely fashion.
- Manage client expectations about workloads and anticipated results.
- Establish strong working relationships with your clients so they ask for and listen to your advice
- Understand your clients business and where they fit into their industry
- Understand the different audiences and how that impacts on your PR recommendations
- Understand what your client expects / hopes from the PR programme and what they count as true success (understanding it might not just be coverage quantity)
- Understand how PR fits into the overall marketing strategy
- Don’t be afraid to say no
- Deliver projects and campaigns against briefs
- Always know how each client is doing each month and work to manage peaks and troughs
- Work with other team members (as appropriate) to share and manage workload
- Avoid excessive over servicing
- You have ultimate responsibility for the quality of all work for your clients, including written materials
- Have the ability to effectively communicate each client’s key messages, whether it is though press releases, case studies and articles or feature pitches
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the press
- Ensure you are up to speed with social media trends and tools, to be able to make recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Through regular reading of our key press, both in the UK and overseas, stay up to date with what is going on in the IT security industry at large
- Be able to identify what is and isn’t news and be able to communicate that angle in a press release, pitch or over the phone confidently and quickly
- Produce weekly or internal reports as required.
Benefits: Healthcare, dental care, performance related bonuses, flexible working after probation period
The agency have a great family style culture and do not believe in hierarchy- they want everyone to be involved and offer ideas. Their staff are well rewarded for their efforts and this shows as you step foot in the office.
Working here offers the chance to challenge yourself without boundaries. It is fast paced, exciting and culturally a fantastic place to work.